Enabled the company to gain market traction for its new product by designing a diffusion plan with an interdisciplinary team.
Our objective for this project was to provide guidance on how to get Adaptive’s clonoSEQ diagnostic test into the clinic for minimal residual disease (MRD) detection of Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia patients. We gathered data from Dr. Kirsch, and from secondary research and interviews with doctors and scientists. From our data, we identified customer segment classes, discovered the process of diffusion to each customer segment, and developed several recommendations to address potential customer concerns.
Team members: Jeffrey Staples, Abhigyan Kaustubh(AK), Wei Tang, Scott Underwood, Alark Patel, Erez Yonker
For the entire report, please click here.
Product page: http://www.adaptivebiotech.com/clonoseq
We used Moore’s technology adoption curve as a framework to describe the potential customers. In addition to a description of each customer segment and their concerns, we provide recommendations on how to encourage each segment to adopt ClonoSEQ. Here are the three main segments:
- Lab researcher scientists – innovators that will help develop your technology
- Cooperative group keep opinion leaders – early adopters and visionaries
- Doctors, clinics, and hospitals – the majority and final target customer
We also describe the course to navigate, so ClonoSEQ can eventually become standard-of-care in the clinic:
- Publications proving increase sensitivity and specificity
- Retroactive clinical trials with a large medical center
- Prospective, phase 3 clinical trials
- Publish strong clinical correlation
- Convince each hospital and institution to adopt
- Insurance reimbursement
Finally, we use Roger’s five factors as a framework to present customer concerns and our recommendation to improve diffusion. The following is a selection from this section:
- Price must be between $500-700 to be competitive
- Result turnaround must be within 3-4 days
- ClonoSEQ does not provide strong advantage on day 1, so include other prognostic genetic testing along with ClonoSEQ
- Result interpretation must be straight forward
- Give trial offers to scientists and hospitals to encourage adoption
- Target researcher scientists and doctors involved with national cooperative groups